B.Tech in Civil Engineering
Introduction to the Program
The Department of Civil engineering was established as one of the crucial departments of Sandip University, Madhubani in the year 2018. Sandip University is one of the best B.Tech Civil engineering colleges in Bihar. From the time the department has been established, it has had a successful record of grooming engineering and technocrats. It is one of the most famous Civil Engineering Colleges in Madhubani, Bihar. The department imparts superior quality education through rigorous training and hands-on practice with the latest curriculum. It also has extracurricular activities built into its curriculum. The department focuses on the overall grooming of the student while making them skilled in the core profession as well.
B.Tech (Civil Engineering) Course Eligibility
- 10+2 years of study with 50% marks and compulsory subjects like Physics, Maths, and Chemistry.
- Students can also pursue this course after pursuing a diploma in electrical engineering after the 12th.
- Modern state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- Updated and innovative curriculum aligned with the UGC and AICTE-CBC norms.
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty members.
- Modern-age classrooms with LED and modern in-class infrastructure.
- Modern and well-equipped laboratories with the latest lab equipment.
- Departmental library with the latest editions with a well-equipped seating facility.
- Sufficient quantity of computers.
- Software like PSCAD, MATLAB, PLC & SCADA, and ETAP.
- Modern and well-equipped hostel facilities.
- The Department has signed MoUs for Industry and Institution interaction.
- Long tradition of organizing guest lectures, training workshops, and faculty development programs.
- Networks for national and international placements.
- Networks with global/international universities which help the students in student exchange programs and getting an international placement.
Innovative and Creative Curriculum
- Technologically updated curriculum with the latest knowledge and trends in the field.
- Student-centric curriculum which is continuously updated to make it relevant to the current advancements in the field.
- Curriculum embedded with global and international trends, which helps the students to work and study further in a globalized international setting.
To be the premier provider of practice-oriented engineering education globally at both undergraduate and graduate levels, so that the students can achieve a successful career in academics, research, or industrial fields, by providing them with the requisite technical background along with the essential life skills and soft skills thereby ensuring individual and societal empowerment.
- To be one of the best Civil engineering colleges in Madhubani Bihar.
- To provide the best possible learning environment for the students to become efficient professionals in Civil and allied industries.
- To establish and maintain the state-of-the-art research facilities that can keep the students abreast of the day-to-day innovations.
- To empower students and faculty as value-added engineers with a broad and thorough education in advanced fields of engineering consisting of fundamentals and application so that they are capable of facing the technical and social challenges and providing human services that are sustainable and ensure environmental health.
- Construction Industry
- Government Sector
- Consulting Firms
- Infrastructure Development
- Research and Development
- Project Management
- Environmental Engineering
If you wish to pursue this program or have any further queries, please call Sandip University's toll-free number 1800-313-2714.
Rigorous and Strong Knowledge of the field
To provide students with a strong knowledge base of Civil Engineering to excel both in industry and academia.
To provide students with the basic knowledge in Engineering Sciences with more emphasis on Civil Engineering to develop their competency in analysis, synthesis and problem-solving in the related field.
To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth to provide engineering solutions in an appropriate technological, global, societal, environmental, ethical and organizational context.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS IN THE FIELD
To explore various career options in the field of B.Tech (Civil Engineering) try to inculcate various professional skills in the students such as:
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Communication skills
- Professional thinking
An excellent academic environment to motivate them for developing lifelong learning abilities.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
Sandip University, which offers an B.Tech (Civil Engineering), has the following educational objectives for the course:
Developing learning and critical analysis skills
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to solve growing and complex problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review the research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using the first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Knowledge of Technology
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reason informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Environmental Ethics and Sustainability
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the need and knowledge for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice. Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POS)
Sandip University, which offers the B.Tech (Civil Engineering), has the following program outcomes:
- PO 1 – Identify, formulate, and analyze civil engineering problems, considering societal, environmental, and economic factors.
- PO 2 – Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals to solve complex civil engineering problems.
- PO 3 – Identify, formulate, and analyze civil engineering problems, considering societal, environmental, and economic factors.
- PO 4 – Design sustainable civil engineering systems, components, or processes that meet specified requirements, considering public health, safety, and environmental concerns.
Research and Analysis Skills
- PO 5 – Conduct experiments, analyze, and interpret data relevant to civil engineering applications, using appropriate modern tools and techniques.
- PO 6 – Utilize modern engineering software and equipment to model, simulate, and analyze civil engineering systems and processes.
- PO 7 – Apply ethical principles and commit to professional responsibilities while considering societal, cultural, and environmental aspects of civil engineering practice.
- PO 8 – Understand and evaluate the impact of electrical engineering solutions for projects from energy, environment, and ecology as well as modify if required for sustainable development.
- PO 9 – Follow and apply ethical principles, social issues and responsibilities in addition to standard electrical engineering practices in day-to-day professional life.
- PO 10 – Function effectively independently and in a team as a member and leader in a diverse team and multidisciplinary areas for the successful and timely completion of activities related to the electrical engineering field and common goals.
- PO 11 – Communicate effectively with engineering professionals and society at large through reports, presentations, and visualizations.
Application of Technology
- PO 12 – Prepare and apply project management tools, activity chart, feedback mechanism, progress review, budget and finance reviews for the successful completion of projects in the electrical engineering field.
- PO 13 – Engage in continuous learning, self-development, and pursue higher education or professional certifications to remain current with advancements in civil engineering.
Eligibility & Fee Structure
Programme: B.Tech (Civil Engineering)
Duration: 4 Years
Candidates must have 50% marks in 10+2 and 45% in PCM compulsory OR Pass 3 years Diploma examination with at least 50% marks (for lateral entry/ direct second year).
Fees (per year): ₹88,000/-
|Forms & Prospectus
|₹500 /- (One Time)
|Hostel (Security Deposit)
|5,000 /- (Refundable)
|Hostel - Type I
|₹70,000 /- (Per Year)
|Hostel - Type II
|₹60,000 /- (Per Year)
|Convocation & Certificate
|Note: During vacation food will not be served in hostel and students will have to vacate the room
Campus: Neelam Vidya Vihar, Village Sijoul, P.O. Mailam,
Madhubani, Bihar, India.