Introduction to the Program
The Department of Mechanical Engineering on behalf of Sandip University Madhubani is dedicated to the mission of educating and training the pupils in this with an excelling for making their civilization better. The advanced mode of imparting education involves high-quality teaching aids and an advanced curriculum. The curriculums of the courses are tailored in such a manner that the students acquire advanced knowledge of technology and course in that field. Sandip University, B.Tech Mechanical Engineering college in Bihar, offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees in this field. This department has some well-distinguished faculties from top CFTIs and has published many research articles and patents. This department has various branches of engineering such as design engineering, Thermal fluid engineering, Manufacturing and Industrial engineering. The infrastructure at Sandip University is also top-notch with fully advanced laboratories with skilled technicians and assistance to guide the students
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) Course Eligibility
- 10+2 years of study with 50% marks and compulsory subjects like Physics, Maths, and Chemistry.
- Students can also pursue this course after pursuing a diploma in electrical engineering after the 12th.
- Modern state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- Updated and innovative curriculum aligned with the UGC and AICTE-CBC norms.
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty members.
- Modern-age classrooms with LED and modern in-class infrastructure.
- Modern and well-equipped laboratories with the latest lab equipment.
- Departmental library with the latest editions with a well-equipped seating facility.
- Sufficient quantity of computers.
- Software like PSCAD, MATLAB, PLC & SCADA, and ETAP.
- Modern and well-equipped hostel facilities.
- The Department has signed MoUs for Industry and Institution interaction.
- Long tradition of organizing guest lectures, training workshops, and faculty development programs.
- Networks for national and international placements.
- Networks with global/international universities which help the students in student exchange programs and getting an international placement.
Innovative and Creative Curriculum
- Technologically updated curriculum with the latest knowledge and trends in the field.
- Student-centric curriculum which is continuously updated to make it relevant to the current advancements in the field.
- Curriculum embedded with global and international trends, which helps the students to work and study further in a globalized international setting.
To be recognised as a centre of excellence in education and research in the field of mechanics by producing innovative and creative curricula for the upliftment and welfare of society.
- To be one of the best Mechanical engineering colleges in Madhubani Bihar.
- To provide the best possible learning environment for the students to become efficient professionals in Mechanical and allied industries.
- Advancing the state-of-the-art research facilities to provide a fruitful environment to create, spread and disseminate knowledge.
- Collaborating with world-class R&D organizations, educational institutions, industry and alumni for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices to achieve the ‘Make in India’ policy for the government of India.
- Providing the students with an academic environment of rigour, leadership, and excellence as well as the ethical guidelines to be groomed to be a successful professional.
- Academics and Research
- Consultancy Firms
- Manufacturing Companies
- Instrumentation and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Electrical Design Engineering.
- Electric Vehicles and Automobile sector.
- Solar Energy sector.
- Software Engineering.
If you wish to pursue this program or have any further queries, please call Sandip University's toll-free number 1800-313-2714.
Rigorous and Strong Knowledge of the field
To provide students with a strong knowledge base of mechanical Engineering to excel both in industry and academia.
The B.Tech program aims to produce graduates with a strong foundation in mechanical engineering principles and practices. They will possess the technical knowledge and skills required to excel in diverse roles within the mechanical engineering industry and related sectors.
Graduates will have hands-on experience in conducting experiments, collecting data, and analyzing results. They will demonstrate the ability to apply research methodologies to investigate mechanical engineering challenges, enabling them to contribute to the advancement of the field.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS IN THE FIELD
To explore various career options in the field of B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) try to inculcate various professional skills in the students such as:
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Communication skills
- Professional thinking
An excellent academic environment to motivate them for developing lifelong learning abilities.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
Sandip University, which offers an B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering), has the following educational objectives for the course:
Developing learning and critical analysis skills
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to solve growing and complex problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review the research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using the first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Knowledge of Technology
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reason informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Environmental Ethics and Sustainability
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the need and knowledge for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice. Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POS)
Sandip University, which offers the B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering), has the following program outcomes:
Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- PO 1 – Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals to solve complex mechanical engineering problems.
- PO 2 – Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex mechanical engineering problems to arrive at substantiated conclusions.
- PO 3 – Review and identify, formulate, solve, and analyze a problem, and draw inferences for better operation, control, and troubleshooting of physical electrical systems which would be appropriate to the solution.
- PO 4 – Design solutions for complex mechanical engineering problems, considering societal, environmental, ethical, health, safety, and economic factors
Research and Analysis Skills
- PO 5 – Use research-based knowledge and research methods, including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO 6 – Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex mechanical engineering activities, with an understanding of their limitations.
- PO 7 – Apply engineering knowledge with reasoning for the assessment of consequences related to the implementation of an electrical engineering project in terms of societal, human health and safety, cultural and legal aspects with globally acceptable.
- PO 8 – Understand and evaluate the impact of mechanical engineering solutions for projects from energy, environment, and ecology as well as modify if required for sustainable development.
- PO 9 – Follow and apply ethical principles, social issues and responsibilities in addition to standard mechanical engineering practices in day-to-day professional life.
- PO 10 – Function effectively independently and in a team as a member and leader in a diverse team and multidisciplinary areas for the successful and timely completion of activities related to the mechanical engineering field and common goals.
- PO 11 – Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Application of Technology
- PO 12 – Prepare and apply project management tools, activity chart, feedback mechanism, progress review, budget and finance reviews for the successful completion of projects in the mechanical engineering field.
- PO 13 – Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Eligibility & Fee Structure
Programme: B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
Duration: 4 Years
Candidates must have 50% marks in 10+2 and 45% in PCM compulsory OR Pass 3 years Diploma examination with at least 50% marks (for lateral entry/ direct second year).
Fees (per year): Rs 88,000/-
|Forms & Prospectus
|₹500 /- (One Time)
|Hostel (Security Deposit)
|5,000 /- (Refundable)
|Hostel - Type I
|₹70,000 /- (Per Year)
|Hostel - Type II
|₹60,000 /- (Per Year)
|Convocation & Certificate
|Note: During vacation food will not be served in hostel and students will have to vacate the room
Welcome to the Department of Mechanical Engineering SANDIP University, Madhubani, Bihar. The department is mainly aimed to provide the useful knowledge to the students in developing innovative thoughts for future India. We offer B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering, M. Tech in Thermal Engineering and Ph.D Programme. The students are engaged in the tasks which are helpful to provide an exposure to latest technologies used in Mechanical Engineering industry. For this student are given projects from 4th semester onward implementing the subject knowledge that they gained in the semester. Utmost importance is given to impart good quality technical education along with moral values. A conducive atmosphere is created to enable the students to enjoy the maximum benefits out of the available state-of-the-art equipments and fabulous infrastructure. Our department has a distinguished record in both teaching and research. Faculty members have excellent academic credentials and are highly regarded.
With Best Wishes,
Dr. Kunal Kishor Chandan
HOD, Mechanical Engineering,
School of Engineering and Technology
Sandip University, Madhubani
Mobile: +91-7001885875, 7076607322
|Name of Faculty
|Dr. Kunal Kishor Chandan
|Assistant Professor (HOD)
|Production and Industrial Engineering
|Dr. Rajesh Kumar
|Dr. Gulshad Nawaz Ahmad
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad
|Dr. Brajendra Nath Tripathi
|Professor (Dean Academic)
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad
|Dr. Vivekanand Kumar
|Fuel and Mineral
(Central University ,Tamil Nadu)
Campus: Neelam Vidya Vihar, Village Sijoul, P.O. Mailam,
Madhubani, Bihar, India.