Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest and extensive disciplines of engineering. As a technical degree, B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering applies principles of engineering, material science and physics to mechanical systems. Mechanical Engineering course offered by Sandip University Sijoul-Bihar covers all aspects of mechanics – design, analysis, and maintenance.
This branch of engineering deals with all types of machinery and the entire attribute of their mechanism and functioning right from the designing, development, construction, production, installation, operation till maintenance.
Being the top Mechanical engineering degree colleges in Bihar the expert-designed curriculum and ultra modern laboratories help the students to understand and deal with the application of principles of Physics and Material science, principles of IT and Designing. The industry-centric course is also specifically designed to develop the analytical, soft skills among the students.
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Course Eligibility
10+2 years of study with 50% marks and compulsory subjects like Physics, Maths and Chemistry
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Scope
Mechanical engineers, because of their knowledge about various aspects of engineering, are looked upon to provide efficient solutions to problems faced during the development of processes and products. These can range from small designs to extremely large plants, machinery or automobiles.
They are needed to solve problems using mechanical or thermal devices aid in their design and re-design using analysis and computer-aided systems.
They are also required to identify and investigate system failures and diagnose faulty operations to recommend remedies, developing and testing relevant prototypes.
In addition to the traditional roles of mechanical engineering, new trends are emerging for inter-disciplinary functions for those with mechanical Engineering degrees.
Employment & Job types
Mechanical engineering Career Prospects are multifaceted as it is a very versatile field of study and they are needed at various stages by most of the government and private companies especially those into manufacturing.
- Mechanical engineers are extensively recruited by power plants for various work of steam and gas turbines, components of thermal power stations.
- Apart from this aircraft manufacturing companies need them at various stages of making aeroplanes.
- One fantastic advantage of having this general all-purpose degree is that it translates into employment with various companies across different sectors like consumer durables, defence, power, Navy, industries offering maintenance and upkeep service.
- In Academia, they are needed by colleges and universities as faculty.
- Apart from this, they can also open their own consultancy after gaining extensive experience in the field.
Some specific job types among others are Production Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Boiler Maintenance & Servicing, Workshop Manager, Chief Engineers.