Complete Guide For MCA Course
Masters of Computer Application is a professional course, designed to help students get an intense knowledge about computer applications’ development. This postgraduate degree enables the candidate to get a clear picture of various modern programming languages. This study provides students with theoretical and practical knowledge of computer applications.
Course Structure of MCA:
Year 1: Enhancement of computer skills. Build strong conceptions about computer applications to enable students to solve any application-related problem in the future.
Year 2: Open the door to work in the practical field through project work, field trips, workshops, and internships.
MCA admissions open at Sandip University in the following specialisation:
- Application software
- System Development
- Management Information system
- System Engineering
- Software development
- Hardware technology
Who Can Apply for MCA?
- Candidates who have obtained a BCA/Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree can apply for this programme. Candidates who have passed B.Sc./B.Com./B.A. with Mathematics at l0+2 Level or at Graduation Level (with additional bridge Courses as per the norms of the concerned University) can also apply for this programme.
- Students coming from BCA backgrounds are more likely preferred.
- The student must have passed higher secondary or graduated with mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Students must have scored 50% marks (Open Category) or 45% marks (SC/ST Category) in any of the qualifying exams as per the university norms.
- Good marks obtained in entrance tests increases the chance of admission to the best colleges for MCA.
- You need to be proficient in C, C++, Java, .Net, etc.
- Knowledge in LINUX, SQL, etc. is an added advantage for candidates interested in networking.
3 points to remember while pursuing MCA:
MCA can offer you job availability as well as job security.
Today, no industry can work without a computer or computer applications. Technical industries are growing day by day. So more the growth or advancement of the IT sector, the more the demand for MCA professionals.
Skills and Experience
Initially, you may not be allowed to participate in live projects. You may have to work as a trainee programmer. Over the years as you develop your skills and gain experience you will be able to attract a better salary package.
Certifications like CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE are crucial to occupy a reputed and well-paying job role.
What are the job options after MCA?
- Software Publisher
- Software consultant
- Hardware engineer
- Senior Technical consultant
- Database administrator etc.
Sandip University is one of the best colleges for MCA. Their experienced faculties provide an industry-oriented education to attract opportunities in the IT