There are many features of Sandip University which make the University a dream campus for tomorrow’s engineers. Engineering is a skill-intensive and futuristic field that requires industry-relevant training and education in the field. Universities have to play the role of trainers, mentors and placement facilitators for students to become professional engineers of tomorrow.
As one of the best private universities in Maharashtra for engineering, Sandip University offers a range of undergraduate, postgraduate, PhD and part-time programs in the field. Students can start their education with an undergraduate program and complete their PhD in engineering under one roof. This helps students build the right skills and knowledge with the help of our highly qualified and experienced faculty members.
Let’s take a look at the future of engineering and the reasons that make Sandip University a leading hub of engineering education in India.
Industry Expectations from Tomorrow’s Engineers
It is obvious that companies and businesses from various engineering industries expect well-qualified and highly skilled professionals to work for them. Here are some of the skills that the industry expects engineers to possess in the future:
1. Excellent Soft Skills: Technical skills are extremely important for engineers. However, soft skills are also equally important for engineers if they wish to be relevant in the future as well. Employers expect engineers to have great communication skills, leadership skills, adaptability to working in teams, and a sense of ownership towards their work.
2. Relevant Industry Exposure: Industry exposure through internships, work experience, mentorship and value addition programs is important to make it as an engineer. Employers expect colleges to dedicate resources towards providing students with necessary industry exposure to prepare them for futuristic challenges in the industry.
3. An Innovative and Creative Mindset: Engineering is an ever-evolving field and engineers are known to create ground-breaking innovations. The evolution of our lifestyle depends on the innovations and creative solutions that engineers can bring about for complex problems like climate change, replacement of fossil fuel etc.
4. An Eye on the Future: Engineers must be self-motivated to analyse the needs of the industry and work accordingly. Most of the creations we see today like smart phones, time-saving travel and advancements in healthcare have been possible due to engineers who keep an eye on the future and come up with viable inventions.
5. Adaptability: The world is changing rapidly and so engineers are expected to keep up with the challenges of their profession. It is important for them to adapt to changing situations and ensure that the tasks assigned to them are completed aptly. If engineers do not adapt to changing times, they will be left behind in the job industry as their competition will overtake them.
What Makes Sandip University the Dream Campus for Tomorrow’s Engineers?
1. Futuristic Labs
Sandip University’s campus is home to numerous engineering labs for different fields. We have created subject-wise labs for all branches of engineering to help students gain industry-relevant training. Highly qualified faculty members from IITs and NITs train students in these labs.
The labs are equipped with the latest tools and equipment related to the field of study. Students gain hands-on skills in these labs which are extremely important for a successful career in the field. The labs are upgraded on a regular basis to add the latest tools and technologies for an enhanced training in the field.
2. Cutting-edge Curriculum
As one of the best private universities in Maharashtra, Sandip University upgrades the course curriculum of engineering programs every year. We partner with leading industry experts to learn about the current and upcoming advancements in the field to make it a part of the course curriculum.
Our goal is to ensure that students are trained in futuristic technologies and innovations in engineering. We have also inculcated a wide range of value addition and global certification programs to the course curriculum at no additional cost to students. Our goal is to create highly knowledgeable and well-trained engineers who can face futuristic challenges in the industry.
3. Comfortable and Safe Hostels
The comfort of our students is of optimal importance to us. Sandip University is home to dedicated boy’s and girl’s hostels for our students. Each room is fitted with things necessary for a wholesome educational environment. Nutritious food, hygienic rooms, and proper safety are the hallmarks of hostels at Sandip University.
The campus is fully Wi-Fi enabled to help our students access study material from wherever they are. 24×7 security is persistent all around the campus, especially at the hostels. Strict rules and regulations are followed to inculcate principles of discipline in our students.
4. Focused Student Development
Today, education has evolved beyond the classrooms. Employers expect students to have great soft skills and other valuable qualities to attain success. Sandip University is home to student clubs in diverse fields, created by the students for the students.
Besides this, inter-college competitions, workshops, industry visits, seminars, webinars, sporting events, annual events and fests are held on a regular basis to help students develop relevant skills and exposure. Extracurricular activities are a huge part of student life at Sandip University to enable overall student development.
5. 100% Placement Assistance
Sandip University hosts annual campus placements and job fairs to provide 100% placement assistance to students. Our dedicated placement cell trains students to crack corporate interviews, empanel companies as recruitment partners, and facilitate compulsory internships across all branches of engineering.
Compulsory internships are a part of the final semester of engineering programs at Sandip University. These internships often translate into a full-time job offer, depending on the student’s performance during the internship. Leading companies from various industries provide internship and placement opportunities to our students.
6. Education in the Lap of Nature
Sandip University’s spectacular 250+ acre campus is nature’s abode where students receive cutting-edge education. The lush green campus contains amphitheatre, labs, sports grounds, gardens, auditoriums and much more to provide students with a holistic environment optimal for educational activities.
Our campus helps students transform into well-qualified and highly professional engineers who will drive futuristic change in the industry. Engineers from Sandip University are making waves on a global stage in diverse fields like mechanical engineering, electronics engineering, environmental engineering and aerospace engineering.
These features denote that Sandip University is the ideal educational hub for tomorrow’s engineers. If you wish to pursue a futuristic program in engineering, then Sandip University is the right destination for you. You can visit us and take a tour of our campus to gain a first-hand experience of a dynamic educational institution!