Introduction to NEP 2020
National Education Policy 2020 widens the platform to introduce and implement a sea of changes covering all the hierarchy of the education system of India. It also spotlights to implement changes in the way that the facilitator shall adopt the holistic approach of being trained for the various skill sets and then impart the skills to given students.
The motive behind enforcing the NEP in the education system is to develop good human beings with high emotional quotient and with the touch of rational thoughts and action, possessing compassion and empathy, courage and resilience, scientific temper and creative imagination and also with sound ethical moorings and values.
It intends at creating and bringing forth the engaged, productive and contributing citizens for constructing an equitable, inclusive and plural society as envisaged by our constitution.
Purpose of NEP 2020
Such strong emphasis on the equity and quality of education is exemplary as it extends to augments the scope of quality education. The policy depicts moving away from the content heavy curricula in order to create space for critical thinking, more holistic, inquiry based, discovery based, discussion orientation and analysis based learning. Now the onus of implementing the principles of this policy in the curriculum will lie with management colleges in Nashik to help students gain the benefits of NEP 2020.
The new policy will have multiple entry and exit points considering the interest of the student. Students can get enrolled for the course opting with various subjects bilateral to their curriculum.
Top management colleges in Maharashtra are already working towards providing students with a more flexible course structure. The multiple entry and exit will be considered through the academic bank of credit and thus the degree would be awarded.
Benefits to Management Colleges
- No affiliation with universities, autonomy will be granted to the colleges and such colleges would be given the status of deemed to be university
- Colleges can develop and design their own curriculum
- Industry-oriented exposure can be adopted
- Practical approach can be adopted
- Industry academia linkage will be strengthened
- Exams and evaluation patterns can be changed to enhance the college’s & student’s interests
- More admissions would be garnered by colleges through various developmental activities and courses
- Sports credits can be considered in the academic bank of credits along with the course subject
- Fees scheme can be restructured to help students gain access to top management courses
- Economics-based schemes and scholarship programs can be undertaken
Benefits to Students
- Core interest areas can be focused along with academics
- Sports & extra-curricular credits would be considered while awarding the degree
- Leverage in choosing the subjects of interest considering the academic bank of credit
- Less of theory and more of practical knowledge would be gained by the students
- Hand in hand to academic personal hobbies would be nurtured into passion
- Students can learn different subjects and skills set depending on the choice of interest
The NEP 2020 will completely revolutionise the educational system in India. Students will have access to better facilities, courses, and educational opportunities through this policy. They will also gain flexibility in terms of selecting courses based on their aptitude and interests.
Many MBA colleges in Nashik have already started offering value added courses and global certification programs to help students gain a wider perspective on various topics. This will push more educational institutions across the country to adopt a more holistic approach towards education.