Aerospace engineering is one of the most coveted branches of engineering across the globe. Aerospace engineers are responsible for groundbreaking advancements in the aviation industry and the space industry. However, there are a lot of unanswered questions about aerospace engineering so we have attempted to bring you some clarity about the same:
What do Aerospace Engineers do?
Aerospace engineers are mainly tasked with designing and testing aircrafts, spacecrafts, missiles, and satellites. While designing these products, aerospace engineers have to ensure that the designs are in tune with the engineering principles involved in these products. The job of an aerospace engineer is crucial and critical because if they fail in ensuring the durability and sustainability of these products, then the results could be catastrophic.
Is Aerospace Engineering a good career?
Since the aviation and space industry is growing at a massive pace, there are bound to be numerous job opportunities in multiple spheres for qualified aerospace engineers. An aerospace engineer is one among the top five highest paid professionals in the engineering sector. If you are interested in a challenging career that can take you around the globe then you must consider choosing aerospace engineering.
What is the average salary that an Aerospace Engineer earns?
The starting salary that an aerospace engineer earns after graduation is Rs. 4, 50,000 per year. With a few years of experience the amount can increase to Rs. 8, 00,000 per year and can keep steadily growing to Rs. 15, 00,000 per year and beyond, depending on the amount of experience you have and your skills.
What are the best career options in Aerospace Engineering in India?
- Aerospace Engineers: If you are eligible for the designation of an aerospace engineer, you will most likely be working with a team dedicated to designing, assembling, and testing an aircraft or a spacecraft. You may need some extra qualifications if you wish to work in the defence sector in India.
- Flight Technicians: If you wish to work as a flight technician then there are a number of fields open to you in India. You can choose to become an aircraft mechanic, an aerospace technician, and avionics technician. Your main tasks will be to maintain, construct, and regularly test the operating systems of the aircrafts to ensure that they function smoothly.
- Rocket Scientists: As thrilling as it may sound, being a rocket scientist is no easy task. It is a high pressure job where you will be tasked with designing and testing propelling systems used in rockets. You will also have to conduct regular and intensive research technologies related to space and expertly analyse the hardware used in space missions.
- Crew Members on a Spacecraft: If travelling across space has been your lifelong dream then aerospace engineering is the right career for you. You must have extensive knowledge about spacecraft engineering to make the cut above the massive competition you are bound to face.
- Technical Communicators: If you have exceptional communication skills then you can put them to use by becoming a technical communicator. Your job will be to perform as the link between spacecraft crew members and specialists in the control rooms on ground level. You must have a thorough knowledge about the complex scientific terms and technical jargon.
Does Sandip University offer courses in Aerospace Engineering?
Sandip University is one of the best engineering colleges in India. Sandip University’s B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering is an industry-relevant course that trains and prepares students for the current and future challenges of the aerospace industry. The University has a state-of-the-art laboratory dedicated to aerospace engineering where students gain practical skills and knowledge. This aerospace engineering course is a unique combination of theoretical knowledge that is enhanced by practical training sessions.
Sandip University is set in a 250+ acre campus which is fully Wi-Fi enabled. Students enjoy the latest facilities in the campus which enhances their learning experience. Upgraded classrooms, fully equipped laboratories, well-stocked libraries, a gymnasium, hygienic canteens, well-modelled playgrounds are maintained for each student’s benefit. Sandip University also provides students with 100% placement assistance through annual placement drives. These placement drives attract a number of public and private sector firms which are leaders in their respective industries. They recruit students from Sandip University to enhance their workforce with well-qualified professionals.
Sandip University helps you gain the tools required to change the course of your career graph. Visit www.sandipuniversity.edu.in for more information.