Aerospace engineering is the branch of science that involves designing, inventing, testing, manufacturing, and launching spacecraft, aircrafts, satellites, and many such devices.
It has two subdivision:
Aeronautical Engineering: It deals with the invention of objects able to fly anywhere in Earth’s atmosphere. For example, fighter jets, helicopters, planes, drones, or likewise.
Astronautical Engineering: It deals with the creation of objects able to fly higher up above Earth’s atmosphere and into space. For example, rockets, space stations, satellites, etc.
If you are considering a career in aerospace engineering, and are looking for Aerospace Engineering Colleges in India or Aerospace Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra, here is what you need to know before you apply for the programme.
Who Can Be an Aerospace Engineer?
If you want to become an aerospace engineer, you have to go through the following steps:
- For the bachelor’s degree of Aerospace Engineer, the candidate must have qualified higher secondary with a minimum of 60% in the Science stream. The subjects chosen must include Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- For SC/ST, the minimum passing percentage is 55% for seeking admission into an Aerospace Engineering programme.
- A good GATE ranking is beneficial for students who want to pursue a postgraduate programme in Aerospace Engineering.
- Post Graduation in computer applications or science or statistics or mathematics makes you eligible for pursuing Aerospace Engineering.
- Completing a 3 or 4 year undergraduate programme in engineering with any specialisation can help you obtain admission in Aerospace Engineering.
- Any Technical Diploma or five-year architecture degree can make you eligible for admission in Aerospace engineering.
- Passing exams under the Directorate General of Civil Aviation is the only way to obtain a license in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in India.
How to Be an Aerospace Engineer?
- Other than the eligibility criteria, you can become an Aerospace Engineer by developing the following skills:
- You must have the ability to communicate with any individual.
- You must be extraordinarily talented in mathematics, mechanical, and technical subjects.
- You should be able to work in a high-pressure working environment.
- You should be able to perform accurately with perfection in any given working situation.
- You must possess the ability to think of innovative ways to invent a completely new product as per requirement.
- You must be capable of working with sophisticated technologies.
- You must have a strong work ethic, be efficient at the job, focus on the safety of common people, and focus on innovation in the long run.
- You should possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving tactics.
If you are thinking of becoming a responsible Aerospace Engineer, Sandip University is always there to provide you with an industry-oriented education. Sandip University trains students to be capable of working in the practical field with global exposure. They provide a cutting-edge education with highly skilled faculty from IIT’s and IIM’s, and provide 100% placement assistance through annual placement drives.