When you think of fashion, words like glamour, films, creativity, and high fashion come to mind. But behind all that glamour and glory, there is a lot of hard work, dedication, and uniqueness that comes to play. The fashion and apparel designing industry is a vast and ever-evolving field. There are numerous career opportunities open to candidates who have pursued a cutting-edge program in the field.
Merely being creative and fashionable is not enough to make it in the fashion industry. Every year, thousands of fashion designers enter the industry, but not all make it to the top of their field. If you want to become a recognised name in the fashion industry, you need to pursue a program like B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design. This program will provide you with the right knowledge and training needed to carve a niche for yourself in the world of fashion.
So let us explore what this program is all about, the skills and training you will receive through this program, and the career opportunities open to you once you graduate.
What is B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design?
This is one of the hottest fashion and apparel design courses available in India today. It is a comprehensive undergraduate degree program spanning across three years and four semesters. The program teaches students about design development, textile patterns, crafting apparels with artistic fabrics, designing accessories, colour theory, designing footwear, and so much more.
Students will start with the basics and move on to more technical and advanced topics as the semesters advance in this program. Candidates who have completed 10+2 from an educational board recognised by the UGC can apply for this program if they have completed 10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate marks in the final examination.
Skills You will Develop When Pursuing B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design
B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design will provide you with conceptual and practical knowledge and skills about actually designing and developing a fashion apparel or accessory. Through this program, you will become a trained expert in different aspects of choosing the right materials, learning about different kinds of drapes, sewing, and developing your portfolio. Here are the technical skills you will learn when pursuing B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design:
- Embroidery Designing
- Fashion Theory
- Apparel Development
- CAD Illustration
- Fabric Analysis
- Visual Merchandising
- Historic Costume Designing
- Planning and Developing a Wardrobe
- Fabric Draping
- Fashion Forecasting
Career Opportunities and Scope After B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design
As one of the most popular programs in apparel and fashion design, you will have a plethora of career opportunities open to you after completing B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design. Here are the top career opportunities you can opt for after graduation:
- Fashion Designer: You can work as a fashion designer with an established fashion house, or you can start your own fashion brand and become a self-employed fashion designer.
- Fashion Communicator: A fashion communicator works with the marketing department of a fashion house where they work on developing and maintaining a brand’s market value.
- Fashion Influencer: As a fashion influencer you can create a unique identity for yourself in the virtual space that can lead to lucrative branding and promotional deals in the long run.
- Apparel Designer: An apparel designer works on determining which fabric, accessories, colours, and patterns will be used in creating a unique apparel.
- Footwear Designer: A footwear designer creates beautiful and functional foot accessories like shoes, boots, slippers, socks, sandals and so much more for men, women, or children.
- Jewellery Designer: A jeweller designer designs different types of beautiful and wearable jewellery in different kinds of materials, gems, and materials for men and women.
- Retail Buyer: A retail buyer is employed with leading fashion retail stores to purchase relevant merchandise that they can showcase and sell to their customers.
Why Pursue B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design from Sandip University?
Sandip University’s School of Design is one of the best fashion and apparel design colleges in Maharashtra. The B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design program offered here is designed after careful consultation with top fashion designers and brands in the industry to provide a dynamic training to students. The program provides students with the best education and training in the vast field of fashion designing.
At Sandip School of Design, students have the opportunity to participate in leading national and international events to showcase their talents in the global fashion industry. In 2022, students from the School of Design won the International Fashion Week held at Goa. Besides this, the school has tied up with top fashion houses to provide students with 100% placement assistance through annual placement drives.
If you are serious about a career in fashion designing and want to make a bright career in this field, then B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design is the right program for you. You will be able to launch a thriving career in this field on a global platform with the right dedication. So, take the leap and apply to join B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design at Sandip University!