Studying law can be extremely rewarding. It is one of the few career paths that you can pursue to drive real change in society. Some of the best LLB colleges in Nashik offer comprehensive undergraduate and postgraduate courses in law. But first you need to understand what a career in law can entail.
What does a Law Degree entail?
A law degree is a vast pool of opportunity. A Bachelor of Law degree or an LLB is an undergraduate degree spanning across three years and six semesters. You can opt for an integrated law degree such as BA LLB or BBA LLB. These are five year degree programs spread across ten semesters. These programs are quite popular as you have the advantage of gaining knowledge and skills pertaining to a BA or a BBA program as well.
An LLB program includes topics like Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Family Law, Contracts Law, Labour Law, International Law, Property Law, Environmental Law and Business Law. BA LLB will include the above mentioned topics along with other topics like Political Science, History of Courts and Legal Profession in India, Economics, Urban Sociology, History, and Philosophy.
BBA LLB will include additional subjects like Principles of Accounting, Business Statistics, Business Communication, Organisational Behaviour, Management Information System, Marketing Management, International Business, Professional Ethics and Professional Accounting System etc.
You can opt for these programs after completing class 12th from a recognised university or board of education.
Top Law Courses After 12th
These are some of the most popular law programs in India with a bright career ahead:
- B.A.LLB. (Hons)
- B.B.A.LLB. (Hons)
- LLB (Hons)
- B.Com LLB
- LLM (Criminal Law)
- LLM (Constitutional & Administrative Law)
- LLM (Corporate & Commercial Law)
Advantages of a Career in Law
There are many advantages to studying law. This is a bright field with tremendous scope and opportunities. Lawyers are needed by people from all walks of life. Professionals with a background in corporate law are in huge demand across different industries. Here are some of the main advantages of pursuing a career in law in India:
- Great career opportunities in different arenas.
- Lawyers are highly paid so you will have good financial security as a lawyer.
- Legal professionals have a stable job as they are constantly in demand.
- A law career is considered to be a noble and respectable profession.
- You will have opportunities to drive real change at a societal level as a lawyer.
- You can choose to become a judge after clearing the necessary exams as the next step in your legal career.
Skills needed to become a Successful Lawyer
Being a lawyer is a great choice, but it is a challenging career in a competitive field. You will need to prepare yourself and develop your skills to make it in the industry. Getting a law education is just a part of becoming a lawyer. Here are the skills you will need to make it as a lawyer:
- You need to be good at analytical thinking and research in order to succeed as a lawyer.
- Attention to detail and time management are important to be a good lawyer.
- Lawyers need to be able to communicate properly and clearly in court.
- People skills are also necessary to build a client base when working as an independent lawyer.
- You have to be organised in order to manage multiple cases at the same time.
Benefits of Studying in the Best Law Colleges in Nashik
There are many benefits of studying in a good law college. India has a lot of reputed colleges that offer law programs. But it is important to find one that can offer you great benefits as a student. Leading law colleges offer these advantages to law students:
- Enhanced curriculum in sync with industry demands and expectations.
- Dedicated research facilities to help students develop their researching skills.
- Faculty with experience from leading law colleges across India.
- Cutting-edge infrastructure with futuristic amenities.
- Law studies-oriented infrastructure including moot court, computer labs and an extensive library.
- Collaborations with top national colleges to facilitate competitions.
- Collaborations with top legal experts to facilitate guest lectures, seminars, webinars etc.
- Focused student development through co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Compulsory internships and 100% placement assistance.
Sandip University for Studying Law
Sandip University is one of the top law colleges in Maharashtra. Sandip School of Law offers comprehensive undergraduate and postgraduate programs. We also offer great research opportunities through our dedicated Centre for Postgraduate Legal Studies.
The course curriculum of all our law programs is designed to offer a competitive law education to our students. Students are trained by highly competent faculty and co-curricular activities like guest lectures, workshops and compulsory internships. Sandip University is also one of the best placement law colleges in Maharashtra as we offer 100% placement assistance to students.
These are some of the features of law colleges and the advantages of pursuing a career in law. So do some research and figure out whether a career in law is the right choice for you. Good luck!