OBJECTIVES OF B.Voc. COURSES
The broad objectives of these Courses are:
- To offer need based and tailor made academic programmes for the specific need of supervisory level manpower engaged in various Industries.
- To upgrade and modernize the technical know-how of those engaged in construction related activities apart from fresh candidates desirous of taking up careers in various Industries.
- To provide better industry-education linkage by matching learners educational needs to industry needs by collaborating with professional bodies and other technical institutions.
Vocational, or skills-based, education is becoming more and more significant in today's perspective as industry expects new employees to have all the practical skills they need to start work. Keeping in view the demands of the industry and to provide flexible options for students as desired by UGC the Sandip University has launched Bachelor of Vocation courses from academic year 2020-21.
The B.Voc Courses shall include:
|2||B.Voc||Building Material & Construction|
|4||B.Voc.||Renewable Energy Management|
|5||B.Voc||Sustainable Energy Management|
|8||B.Voc||Fashion Design &Management|
|10||B.Voc.||Fashion Technology and Apparel Designing|
Furniture & Furnishing
|14||B.Voc||Animation & Graphic Design|
|15||B.Voc.||Business Process and Data Analytics|
|16||B.Voc||Data and Web Analytics|
|17||B.Voc||Digital Media & Animation|
|18||B.Voc||Hardware Technology and Networking|
|20||B.Voc||Software Development & System Administration|
|21||B.Voc||Web Technologies and Multimedia|
|22||B.Voc||E-Commerce and Digital Marketing|
|23||B.Voc||Modern Analytical Techniques in Pharmaceuticals|
Banking & Finance
|24||B.Voc||Banking & Financial Services|
|25||B.Voc||Financial Market and Services|
|26||B.Voc||Accounting & Taxation|
|27||B.Voc||Dairy Products & Processing|
|28||B.Voc||Hospital Instrumentation and Management|
Management & Entrepreneurship
|32||B.Voc||Retail Management & IT|
LATERAL ENTRY DETAILS
Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc) Degree is of 3 year duration. Lateral Entry is allowed to Second Year in Advanced Diploma programs. Any subject requiring study during mapping of the diploma program shall be cleared by the students based on the recommendation of the curriculum mapping committee.
- Lateral entry into any B. Voc. stream minimum 4 of the same stream subjects should have be cleared by the student in his/her prior studies upto the level specified.
- Subjects not cleared earlier will have to be taken up in the First Year or the Intermediate Semester after the First Semester as Make-up courses after paying requisite fees.
Students who have more than 4 un-cleared subjects shall have to take an extra Bridge (regular) semester. They will, in such case, complete the course in 5 Semesters (min).
The following formula is used for conversion of time into credit hours.
- One Credit would mean equivalent of 15 periods of 60 minutes each, for theory, workshops/labs andtutorials.
- For internship/field work, the credit weightage for equivalent hours shall be 50% of that forlectures/workshops.
- For self-learning, based on e-content or otherwise, the credit weightage for equivalent hours of study should be 50% or less of that for lectures/workshops.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
Eligibility for admissions and reservation of seats for B.Voc Courses shall be according tothe rules framed by the University from time to time. No student shall be eligible for admission to B.Voc Courses unless he/she has passed the 10+2 / Intermediate or 10+2 (ITI) for few courses.
Level of Awards
The certification levels will lead to Diploma/ Advance Diploma/ B. Voc. Degree in one or more Vocational areas and will be offered under agies of the University.
|NSQF Level||Skill component Credits||General Education Credits||Normal calendar duration||Exit Points / Awards|
|Year 3||108||72||Six Semesters||B. Voc.|
|Year 2||72||48||Four Semesters||Advance Diploma|
|Year 1||36||24||Two Semesters||Diploma|
|6 Months||18||12||1 Semester||Certificate|
EXAMINATION AND ASSESSMENT
The assessment for the general education component will be done by the University as per the prevailing standards and procedures.
The assessment for the skill development components will necessarily focus on practical demonstrations of the skills acquired. University will consult the respective COE (Council of Experts) for designing the examination and assessment pattern for the skill development components. University may also consider using the designated assessors of Sector Skill Councils/industry associations for the conduct of practical assessment or draw from the panel of examiners appointed by University.
University will establish a credit based assessment and evaluation system for the B.Voc. Programme.
The duration of the B.Voc Courses shall be three years consisting of six semesters.The duration of each semester shall be five months inclusive of the days of examinations. There shall be at least 90 working days in a semester and a minimum 450 hours of instruction in semester. Efforts are on to sensitize various agencies involved such as industry, government agencies, other universities and stake holders and the students to understand the changed paradigm and the nomenclature called B.Voc. A student who earns a B.Voc degree is eligible to appear for national level tests as is done in case any other degree holder. Efforts will be made to start M.Voc. Programmes in due course of time.
Students will be awarded of Diploma:
Student shall be required to appear in examinations of all courses. However, to award the Diploma a student shall be required to earn a minimum of 60 credits.
Students will be awarded of Advanced Diploma:
Student shall be required to appear in examinations of all courses. However, to award the Advanced Diploma a student shall be required to earn a minimum of 120 credits.
Students will be awarded of B.Voc Degree:
Student shall be required to appear in examinations of all courses. However,to award the degree as student shall be required to earn aminimum of 180 credits.
As per the UGC guidelines, there are multiple exit point for a candidate admitted in this course. If he/she is completing all the 6 semesters successfully, he/she will get B. Voc degree. If he/she is completing first 4 semesters successfully , he/she will get Advance Diploma. If he/she is completing first 2 semesters successfully , he/she will get Diploma.B. Voc. Degree holder is expected to acquire the skills and Advance Diploma holder is expected to become a multi skilled executive.
The minimum number of hours of lectures, tutorials, seminars or practical which a student shall be required to attend for eligibility to appear at the end semester examination shall not be less than 75 per cent of the total number of lectures, tutorials, seminars or practical sessions. Internships, study tours and soft skill and personality development programmes are part of the course and students must at tend in the activities to complete a semester.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR B.Voc:
The main objective of B. Voc Programis
- To provide judicious mix of skills relating to a profession and appropriate content of General Education.
- To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that they are work ready at each exit point of the programme.
- To provide flexibility to the students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit points.
- To integrate NSQF within the undergraduate level of higher education in order to enhance employability of the graduates and meet industry requirements. Such graduates apart from meeting the needs of local and national industry are also expected to be equipped to become part of the global workforce.
- To provide vertical mobility to students coming out of 10+2 with Vocational subjects also.
The certification levels will lead to Diploma/Advanced Diploma/B. Voc. Degree in one or more Vocational areas and will be offered under the aegis of the Sandip University, Nashik. Award Duration Corresponding NSQF level
Diploma – After completion of 1 Year
Advanced Diploma - After completion of 2 Years
B. Voc. Degree - After completion of 3 Years.
Key Highlights are -
- Curriculum/Syllabus prepared Academician & Industry Experts and approved by COE (Committee of Experts) and then Board of Studies of University.
- The curriculum is based on the Guidelines of AICTE and UGC, under NSQF.
- Multi Entry and Multi Exit Options
- Highly qualified and experienced Trainers
- Vocational Practical will be done at their related industries.
|Sl. No||Programme||Trade/Course||Fee (Per Yr)||Exam Fees (Per Sem)|
|2||B.Voc.||Building Material & Construction||40,000/-||2500/-|
|4||B.Voc.||Renewable Energy Management||40,000/-||2500/-|
|5||B.Voc.||Sustainable Energy Management||40,000/-||2500/-|
|8||B.Voc.||Fashion Design & Management||40,000/-||2500/-|
|10||B.Voc.||Fashion Technology and Apparel Designing||40,000/-||2500/-|
Furniture & Furnishing
IT & ITes
|14||B.Voc.||Animation & Graphic Design||50,000/-||2500/-|
|15||B.Voc.||Business Process and Data Analytics||50,000/-||2500/-|
|16||B.Voc.||Data and Web Analytics||50,000/-||2500/-|
|17||B.Voc.||Digital Media & Animation||50,000/-||2500/-|
|18||B.Voc.||Hardware Technology and Networking||40,000/-||2500/-|
|20||B.Voc.||Software Development and Systems Administration||40,000/-||2500/-|
|21||B.Voc.||Web Technologies and Multimedia||40,000/-||2500/-|
|22||B.Voc.||E-Commerce and Digital Marketing||40,000/-||2500/-|
Banking & Finance
|23||B.Voc.||Banking & Financial Services||40,000/-||2500/-|
|24||B.Voc.||Accounting & Taxation||40,000/-||2500/-|
|25||B.Voc.||Financial Market and Services||40,000/-||2500/-|
|26||B.Voc.||Modern Analytical Techniques in Pharmaceuticals||40,000/-||2500/-|
|27||B.Voc.||Dairy Products & Processing||40,000/-||2500/-|
|28||B.Voc.||Hospital Instrumentation and Management||40,000/-||2500/-|
Management & Entrepreneurship
|32||B.Voc.||Retail Management and IT||40,000/-||2500/-|