Sandip University creates a wholesome educational and holistic environment to promote student development. Students are trained to become valuable professional members of various industries once they complete their educational journey with us.
Important Placement Guidelines & Policy
(Campus / Off Campus Recruitment Guidelines-2023 Passing Out Batch)
Greetings from Central T & P Department, Sandip group Of Institutes!
I welcome you in the most significant phase of your academic journey. It is the time when you will gain your own recognition by showcasing your skills and competencies to the outside world.
It is the time when you would be asked to exhibit what all you have learnt throughout your academic voyage and what you would be acquiring in future. Below are some of the important Instructions/ Guidelines adhering to Campus/ Off Campus Recruitments for students of Sandip Group of Institutions Passing Out in the Year 2022
Please go through them minutely and follow these Guidelines Step by Step.
Placement Drive Details :
It is the prime responsibility of students to check all the updates related to Campus Recruitment Drives, its eligibility, dates, venue etc. available at Cental T&P Department & www.sandipfoundation.org webportal.
All companies generally follow the following placement process
- Presentation about the Company & Job Profile (PPT)
- Written Exam (Aptitude / Technical Test)
- Group Discussion (10 to 12 Students)
- Technical Interview (One to One)
- HR Interview
- Verification of Documents
Pre Placement Talk:
It is mandatory for all Eligible Students to appear in the PPT of all Companies coming for Campus Recruitments. Students will be given a choice to back out after the Presentation (PPT) of the company. No student will be allowed to back out from the company after clearing the 1st round (i.e Written test). If any student found missing after the written test he / she will be strictly debarred from the entire placement season.
All students need to ensure that they are meeting the eligibility criteria of the company as mentioned in the placement portal. All mark sheets are checked at the time of joining and if company finds that you have manipulated your marks / documents at the time of Campus Recruitment your job offer will be terminated and you name will be blacklisted forever.
All Students need to ensure that their Data is correctly entered in placements data sheets available at the Central TPO, if there are any changes then they need to contact Placement Officer immediately.
Students have to ensure that they report on time as mentioned in the portal or in the mail received from Central T&P. Students coming late will be strictly not allowed to appear in that process.
Dress Code:Students have to wear proper College Uniform for every recruitment process. Students wearing casuals during recruitment process will be sent back.
Students always have to carry one folder with them containing Hard Board, Mark sheets, Certificates, Passport Size Photos, Resumes & Stationery items like Pen, Pencil, Blank Sheets, Stapler, Glue Stick etc.
All students have to compulsorily carry their College I-Cards with them. Without I- card no students will be allowed to enter inside examination hall/seminar hall.
Students are not allowed to contact Company / HR Delegates directly for any reason. If they are facing any problem they have to first contact Placement Officer and discuss their problem with them.
Students have to arrange their own transport during on campus /off campus recruitments.
Policy:Sandip Foundation strictly follows ‘One Student One Job Policy’. But Students from Core branches will be given one additional job opportunity in their core domain. (For Eg. If any Electrical student is placed in an IT company he / she will also be allowed to appear in his / her core companies till he/she gets one final job offer from Core Company). Similar rule is applicable for EC, EEE,ME,Civil students.
Placed students can also apply for dream offer only when the package offered is more than double their existing offer
Joining date for the students is dependent on Company discretion and policy. All students need to join on time as per the communication received from the Company.
Many times it may happen that campus recruitment process can stretch till late night. All students have to inform this to their parents and have to arrange their own transportation.
Mobile phones have to be switched off inside examination rooms / auditoriums.
Strict discipline needs to be followed by every student during the recruitment process. Any students found misbehaving or during misconduct will be debarred from the entire placement season.
In case of any further clarification or query please contact Central T&P Department. I wish you good luck for your all future endeavors.
Placement is a privilege to the students not a right. Following guidelines are framed to ensure equality and fairness of opportunity to all the students. The guidelines will ensure that maximum number of students get on & off campus placement.
Training & Placement:
- Students will be provided with placement assistance in the final academic year.
- The campus recruitment may happen on or off the campus (At the company office) or pooled campus (At company decided college).
- Students will be allowed to sit in any number of company interviews for as long as they do not get offer from the company.
- One job per student policy will be followed for all.
- College T&P cell do not have any control over the employment terms & conditions of the company.
- If the scheduled campus drive is cancelled by company, T & P cell is not responsible for the same in any way.
- Student who gets offer from Job portals, own efforts etc have ethical responsibility of informing T&P cell about the same, such students should not participate in college placement activity as there is scarcity of Jobs in the market.
- Students cannot leave the job before 1 year of completion in the campus placed company else they won’t be granted Leaving Certificate, Convocation Certificate and letter of recommendation if they plan to go for higher studies. This rule is being enforced so that only the students who are desirous of actual need of Job sit for placement and to maintain healthy relations with the company for campus recruitment of subsequent batches.
- Students of Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Electronics Telecommunication are allowed to sit for non core company as per companies eligibility critieria.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Electronics Telecommunication students can sit for placement in Core Company even if they have offer letter of Non-core Company. Once they are placed in Core Company they are out of placement process.
- Students those who are planning for higher education must mention in their registration form / career initiation form. This will be helpful to the T & P Cell to organize the seminar or an awareness programme to help the students for planning their higher education.
- Students those who are planning to become an entrepreneur or wishes to continue their family business must mention in their registration form. This will be helpful to the T & P Cell to organize an Entrepreneurship Development programs. Firm up your plans for your future in advance. We respect your frankness.
- Students placed in dream or core companies are out of placement process.
- Students appearing for UES(University Entry Scheme) or SSC(Short Service Commission) or any armed forces exams will get extra attempt if they appear for first round of Interview provided you submit the photocopy of hall ticket to T & P.
A. Eligibility :
- The eligibility criteria for final placement is minimum aggregate 55% or 6.1 CGPA and no live KT till the last semester at the time of placement. Also eligibility varies from company to company T&P cell of college has no control over the same. The eligibility mentioned is just for calculating % of placement in our college.
- Students not fulfilling the above eligibility criteria will also be provided with the placement assistance but in companies proposing “No Criteria” option for the placement.
- It is mandatory to follow all the rules and regulations of the T&P cell of college.
B. Job Offers :
- The T & P cell takes responsibility till job offer only, which can be an email confirmation or verbal confirmation for employment.
- There can be a change in the salary, bond conditions, job profile, job timings, location, interview process, eligibility criteria, interview location, time & date of interview, allowances, incentives, position and any other factors related to employment from the company end.
- College T & P cell does not take any responsibility for release of job offer letters, delay in joining, withdrawal of job offer or termination of employment contract from the company due to any circumstances.
- College T & P cell is not accountable for any change in employment terms & conditions of the company.
- Any candidate offered a job is a placed candidate for our college T&P cell.
C. Student Responsibility:
- Students are advised to maintain 100% attendance in all T&P related activities.
- Students who have already made up their mind of going for higher studies or going for entrepreneurship immediately after graduation are advised to undergo T & P Cell process to make themselves eligible for placements in case there plans do not materialise for higher studies or entrepreneurship.
- Since our college has focus on making every student employable, hence students are advised to become a part of training and workshop organised by T & P Cell.
- The aptitude training session organised by college will be mandatory for those students who do not clear the preliminary aptitude test conducted by T & P Cell and optional for the rest. The training expenses will be paid by students.
- Any verbal or written communication between company & students should happen through the college T&P cell only.
- Students are advised to provide & update correct data to college T&P cell as this is shared to prospective employer.
- Misbehaviour or negative feedback from company during on / off campus selection process will result in withdrawing placement assistance from the college.
- In all interview drives students should be well groomed and come in formal dress only else will not be allowed to participate in campus drives.
- Students are not allowed to skip any Interviews process of the company once they have registered themselves for the interview. If students are found skipping interview then TPO has right to debar the student from placement process.
- There is no fixed order in which company visit the campus for placement. Hence its student’s responsibility and choice whether he/she wants to skip or to appear for interview. Students are advised to make the decision very carefully.Best practice is to attend as many interviews as you can and do not wait for an opportunity to strike you.
- A copy of offer letter need to be submitted to the department faculty coordinator and to training and placement cell through Training and Placement Coordinator.
- If a student wants to withdraw from placement process they need to write letter to TPO and get it signed from Faculty Coordinator, TPC and TPO.
- If any student who has registered for placement drive and does not attend the drive for any reason looses 2 subsequent opportunity to sit for campus drive.
- Students participating and getting offer letter through coding competition, hackathons, design competition would still be eligible to apply jobs through campus placement.
- Students who have 100% plan to go for higher studies and entrepreneurship right after college are requested to inform TPO and T & P Cell advises them to act ethically as there are limited number of jobs and many aspirants.Also just keeping the company offer letter and not joining the company is also sin as the company blacklist a college if more than 20% people do not join in the company after being offered through campus and this affects the successive batch mates opportunities and reputation of college. Our college has lost major mass recruiters just due to callous attitude of students who have not made decision whether they want to do job or higher studies or entrepreneurship.
- TPC are volunteers of T&P Cell so maintain good relation with them. TPC do lot of work during campus recruitment & T&P process hence only they have been given 3 JOB attempts after having one offer letter at hand. TPC will be first point of contact for all the students and students are advised not to meet TPO directly unless and until your query is not resolved by TPC.
Central T & P Department.